Thursday 6 December 2012

Acne be Gone!


When you have a big time breakout look for products with Benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. Both are proven treatment of acne, but in my opinion, it's only to a certain extent. 

Hello lovelies!
Everyone suffers from acne at some time in their life. Whether it's hormonal, genetics or stress, there is always some sort of treatment. Most of the time, the occasional breakout is caused by a new skincare/makeup product that does not compliment my skin and instead causes my skin to breakout. So, over the the years I have formed a kind of "action plan " to deal with acne.Personally  I follow a simple plan to keep my acne under control and gone in a couple of days, and it has never proved me wrong!

Immediately after noticing signs of breaking out, or the acne itself, stop the use of any new skincare and makeup products. When acne occurs, your skin goes into a sort of "alert" mode and causes some products, especially cosmetics, to cause your acne to worsen, even the products you think will not break you out. In other words, use as little product as you can.


My miracle product.....Bioderma's sensibio H2O cleansing solution. This is a 2 in 1 - It is a cleansing solution and and makeup remover. When I say that this product is suitable for all skin types I mean it! Dab a cotton pad with this and wipe all over your face. From personal experience, I generally use 2 or 3 cotton pads worth of this. Until the redness, swelling  and size of the pimples has noticeably decreased, continue to use. Gradually, I introduce a makeup remover wipe or use it as a substitute for Bioderma  In terms of breakouts, I be extra careful in choosing the right one, and fro the past few years I have been using Neutrogena's makeup remover wipes. Then I  go in with my Clean and Clear Advantage Acne spot treatment. This powerful gel absorbs all surface oil from your skin which may be spreading bacteria. And another thing I love about this is how it doesn't over dry your skin. Apply after a shower or whenever your pores are open...

And with a few days your skin should back to normal if you follow these easy steps!
Do you have any other tips?

:} Shoba


No comments:

Post a Comment