Sunday 23 December 2012

Hello Relaxation!

Have you forgotten how to relax?
Believe me, you probably have. So here are my tips to really relax and unwind...

Nothing makes me feel more calm and collected than a lukewarm bath with a candle burning with the scent wafting around the room and a at-home spa treatment! Slather on a mask and pop on some cucumbers and sit back and enjoy the moment. It's really these little things in life that make the biggest difference. Then, to top it off, I go to bed early, a real treat for me.

Another tip that really starts my day off well, is breakfast in bed, even if it means preparing it the night before and getting someone to deliver it to your room! This is especially a great idea to treat someone who really deserves to relax, as you can snuggle up in bed and enjoy a breakfast made with love!

Spending the afternoon baking whatever I may fancy really makes me cool down and forget all my worries. And then inviting a few friends over to share what I made, and chat over a cup of tea.

On the topic of friends, a great idea is to invite a few girlfriends over for a girl's night in and watch and old favorite and do what you love doing best, whatever that may be! Or you could all meet up at some downtown restaurant and chat over gourmet meals. There's nothing better than a full stomach to make all your worries go away.

Juts popping down to the local bouquet and buying fresh flowers really makes a difference to me. And what I love most is making up to see a vase of fresh flowers sitting on your beside table and taking a big whiff of them to start your day off with a smile.

Another great tip that I personally really enjoy is people-watching. As weird as it may seem, people-watching really makes me forget about myself and put myself in someone else's shoes.  I usually take a stroll down to the local cafe and with a cup of coffee (another great way to relax) and my laptop at the ready, in case anyone happens to spy me watching them, I begin to watch people. And this is where the really fun begins. I pretend to be them and all I think about is them, everything else fades away. I even make up a back story, a job and family even crazy names!

What helps you relax?
Love, Shoba


No comments:

Post a Comment