Wednesday 9 January 2013

Graphic Prints and Animal Patterns!

Hola!
The new is a great time to freshen up yourself and your wardrobe! Being a fashion enthusiast, I formed a list of some new fashion trends that I wanted to try for the New Year. Kind of like New Year's Resolutions but not as serious...Back on topic, one of the goals for this year was to be bold and daring, make my clothing say fun and confident! And that's why I wanted o share this pic from H&M that I thought was the perfect example for the daring and statement style that I'm going for this year. And hopefully, along the way I inspire some of you to get out of your comfort zone, that's were fashion really starts!

When I saw this collage for the first time, immediately (literally, immediately) some ideas popped to mind and  I seriously ran to my nearest store and tried on everything! Animal and graphic prints have always scared me and I always thought that they could never be tamed! But despite this, I still bought a few pieces, which in a way made me feel more confident.

 I fell head over heels for the animal print jeans, blazer and the peplum shirt, with peplum trending right now. To my surprise, the dress in the top right I actually really flattering and the stripes makes me look slimmer and my waist, smaller. What's more, I even ending up buying it along with the blazer, graphic jeans and the peplum.What I love about the peplum shirt is that it is a really versatile piece. Not only does the peplum add style and sophistication, but the print gives it that playful and daring approach. It can be easily transitioned into a day or night look and formal or informal. The jeans were a great fit and really added that finishing touch to any basic outfit. And well the blazer..is just crazy! (which why I bought it). 

I smile as I write this and hopefully I have inspired some of you guys to step  of your comfort zone! 
That's all for now, my little poppets! 
Love, Shoba 



No comments:

Post a Comment