Monday 21 January 2013

Spice Up your Room! Knock Knock

My first Spice Up your Room! was a big hit with you guys, so I second episode of this series! I'm guessing you're  little baffled by the title, but this post is all about door knobs! Yes, door knobs! Let's get right into it...

The easiest and cheapest way to revamp your room is by repurposing what you already own or making over thrifty find. To give a little edge and character and touch of vintage, I gave my chest of drawers a whole new makeover, in less that $100 and it looks like something straight out of a magazine! You can usually score a chest of drawers cheap at a flea market or yard sale.

 After paying a visit to my local hardware store, where I  picked out the perfect cream shade, I geared up and got messy! I painted the chest in a few coats, until the coverage was even. The I waited, and waited, and blogged...Then I pulled out my knobs! I purchased mine at Anthropologie, which is one of decor inspirations! I understand that it is a little pricey, a stretches my budget, as each knob was $12 and I needed 6(!), the the final product is finally worth it! With the help of a screwdriver and a trusty old brother, we was done in a matter of an hour!

Show me you dresser makeover! Email a picture to shobaboba@gmail.com!
Love, Shoba

No comments:

Post a Comment