Thursday 17 January 2013

Style Scoop: Printed Shorts!


Recently, I blogged about some style resolutions for 2013, (you can check out that post) but the one I talked about in particular was bold prints and guess what! I found these awesome pics on The Iconic, and although they're all short and it's the dead middle of Winter, well I just couldn't resist! So let's jump straight into it!

In the eyes of a fashionista, this outfit actually works really well. Evidently, the reptile skin shorts are the focus of attention, and the bag and the top compliment the shorts perfectly and do not fight for attention. Even though it's the middle of Winter, I swear I will strut around in these gorgeous shorts, that's how much I love them, enough said! The bright coral top really brings a touch of Summer into the outfit and also adds that much needed pop of color. The bag adds to the sophisticated look of the shorts, and although it doesn't look like it, actually is the piece that makes this outfit work. The espresso brown satchel draws in the brown tones of the shorts, and the fact that it is a solid color flatters the top, and links it to the shorts. So, basically the bag links together the outfit and makes it a balanced look of fun, bright but sophisticated and a little daring! 


My first impression of the outfit, was that it's alright. After a little pondering, I actually came to really like it. And to tell you the truth, the daring part of it is not the leopard print shorts, but the fact that it is paired with the (almost) tribal neckline of the top. There's not much I can say about the outfit by separate pieces, but rather as a whole. The teal sandals with the gold detailing along with the bangles, compliment the earth tones of the shorts and there's a hint of gold in the the neckline. See what  a difference accessories can make! The bright orange in the top and the teal is a subtle example of color blocking. The neckline also draws the up to that beautiful face of yours :D and keeps the look balanced. 


This is one for the girly girl inside all of us! I love the color blocking in this outfit! The mint top and coral necklace are my absolute favorite combination! I almost squealed when I saw this! The shorts adds the bright cheerful touch to the look and makes it perfect for summer. Although, honestly, I don't think black sandal were the best choice. In my opinion and lighter color like a cream or beige, or even a coral, or really any of the colors in the shorts, would've worked great.

This outfit brings me back to my teen years. The tie-dye is bright and reminds me of the beach and blue bottles (I don't think that's a very good thing...). The magenta (ish) shoes are something i would've dream of when I was a teenager. They scream all the glories of summer, and are still stylish, chic and in trend. And well, the top, well that's just a fun piece. But what the look is missing, is some kind of jewelry. The easiest way to add color to any outfit is arm candy! Bright colorful bracelets will be a finishing touch that makes the outfit look more complete, in an unintentional- looking way, if you know what I mean.

What's your favorite outfit? 
Sayonara, Shoba 





No comments:

Post a Comment