Saturday 19 January 2013

Style Scoop:The Art of Contrast



One of the trends to hit the runways for Spring is black and white, especially the Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors and Mochino runways. And I here to bring some inspiration into your wardrobe!

Not only does this look incorporate the bold black and white trend, but it also has a little peplum flair of the dress that accentuates your waist. Sexy, but sophisticated. That's what I think of this look. The ankle strap heels are a subtle sexy with a thick platform that makes you even taller, working with the shortness of the dress to visually elongate your legs. The shoulder detailing of the dress compensates for the lack of jewelry but also draws away from the femininity of the peplum. (another example of Peplum with a Twist!) The bag is a classic piece and the color scheme of black and white adds sophistication. (I'm still on the hunt for the name of this style of bag- comment below if you know!) And well, the scarf, is a finishing touch that makes the outfit look less put together and also brings some of your personality outside! "Wear your personality like an accessory"!

Let's just make it clear- I'm obsessed with this dress- seriously OBSESSED(sorry, I didn't mean to shout). Trust me, I love it so much that I ordered it off dailylook the second I saw it and it's arriving in 1 week!! I love the way this outfit, the dress in particular, has the feminine look of the lace but the white on black takes away from the femininity and gives the dress a glam vibe instead. In addition, the grey is a great transition color (and the only) for black and white. And, I know that this isn't completely black and white, but it's so gorgeous and anyway, it incorporates the trend into it. Elongating your legs doesn't always have to involve nude pumps and a short dress- even just wearing tight and pumps or boots of the same color can make your legs look visually longer. The quilting clutch adds a little texture and makes the look complete.

Did these outfits inspire you for Spring?
Stay tuned for more outfits!, Shoba

No comments:

Post a Comment